Thursday, December 13, 2007

Wii Nunchuck Control

Here's a video of my little project last night. I used a Wii nunchuck to control the rotation of two servos to set up a dinky little two-axis gimbal control system. The servos are all duct taped together so it's not very pretty, but duct tape holds the world together. Hopefully I'll get a chance to write up a detailed description of how it works along with source code (here's the source code temporarily while I try to find time to detail this post). For now I just have the video and a few links for you.





http://www.windmeadow.com/node/42
http://www.wiili.org/
http://www.mcmanis.com/chuck/Robotics/projects/servo.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, im working on a similar project, but im using a pololu serial servo controller between my servos and the arduino, this gives me control of 8 servos simultaneously, however i am having slight trouble using the smoothign function, so my input using the nunchuck is a bit sensitive..

Im doing some testing at the moment and your setup seems to be adequate, any chances you could share the pins and connection details?

I you require my code or any help, i can be reached on pinanyondan@hotmail.com

Using the servo controller alleviates the stress on the arduino and give you control of 8 servos/ speed controllers by sending a simple command via serial to the controller. The protocol is pretty simple and leaves you more pins free on the arduino.

Good luck, Nick

Keith Brown said...

Hey you code link is broken can you repost or send it to rcpilotp51@gmail.com. Great job! I just got my arduino...thanks for the help!

Anonymous said...

Great job...but the link to the source code is broken...can you send me the code to bat_21@libero.it

phil towers said...

hi cant get the code you posted in link can you help me

phil.towers@live.co.uk

thanks

Edson said...

Hi, nice work. With arduino.
I would like to know if you still have the source code?
Thanks