Wednesday, February 6, 2008

GPS Logger Works!

Hey everyone,

So despite not have any sleep the night before and it being about 10:42 pm, I managed to get my programming on. I spruced up the ground station interface a bit and added the ability to log received GPS coordinates. The program then plots the GPS coordinate history on top of a satellite view that I took screenshots of from Google Maps. If you can tell in that bottom-left window there, that's Engineering IV (practically my current residence). The red and blue +'s are calibration marks. They are actually off for some reason; the math is right but the image scaling is wrong. Anyway, those green +'s are recorded GPS positions. It was basically me standing out there in the 50 degree cold walking around. I'm actually pretty happy with the precision from this EM-406A GPS module. It's probably a perfectly fine candidate for use in the plane. Anyway, there's more feature building to be done on the ground station program. However, I think it might be time to move onto some controls stuff... Either way, pics of the progress below.


No comments: